National Technical Honor Society
The National Technical Honor Society is an international organization that provides recognition for excellence in career and technical education.
In order to become a member of the NTHS, there are many requirements that must be met.
Eligibility is determined as follows:
- MCTI program grade average of 93% or better from the previous school year
- Maintain an attendance rate of 93% or higher
- 3.00 Grade Point Average at the sending school district
- An academic record that is clear of any grade of a D or below
- No discipline infractions
- Participation in two extra-curricular activities
- Two letters of recommendation
The Monroe Career & Technical Institute became the 1,000th member of the National Technical Honor Society on December 16, 1994. To date, MCTI has inducted over 200 members into this prestigious organization.
The mission of the National Technical Honor Society is to honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, award scholarships and enhance career opportunities.