194 Laurel Lake Road
Bartonsville, Pennsylvania 18321
ACE Office: 570.629.2001 ext. 1125
Web Site: www.monroecti.org/ace
REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES:
Registration may be in person, on the telephone, through the mail or online. For mail-in registrations we will send you a confirmation receipt. All registrations must include the required deposit. Registrations received without the required deposit will be returned and the student will not be registered for classes. Fifty percent (50%) of the tuition price of the class is required at the time of registration as well as any applicable material fee.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday-Thursday 1pm - 8pm, Friday 12-4pm
CLASSES START AS SCHEDULED PER COURSE EXCEPT
SCHEDULED SCHOOL CLOSINGS
The following information relates to MCTI's Fall/Winter/Spring Schedules:
- Class dates and times are tentative and can be changed at any time.
- Day school CLOSING does not indicate evening classes are cancelled. Classes cancelled due to inclement weather will be announced after 3:00 PM on the following radio and TV stations:
WVPO/WSBG - 840 AM / 93.5 FM, WKRZ 107.9 FM,WLEV - 100.7 FM
WNEP - 16, WYOU - 22, WBRE - 28
CANCELLED CLASS SESSIONS
Cancelled class sessions will be made up after the last regularly scheduled session.
Every attempt will be made for classes to run their full program duration.COURSE FEE/TEXTBOOKS
- Cash, check, or credit card (Master Card, VISA and Discover) will be accepted when registering in person.
- Paid deposit will be applied toward the course fees.
- Course fee must be paid in full by the first class. If payment is not received in
full by the first day/night of class, attendance will not be permitted and any deposit
will not be refunded.
- There will be a $35.00 fee charged for all returned checks.
- Textbooks are additional. Book fee will be based on cost, plus shipping & handling.
- Textbook fees must be paid when books are issued. There are no refunds on textbook purchases.
- Checks are payable to MCTI. No out of state checks can be accepted.
Some courses require materials fees, as indicated in the course description. Be prepared
to pay the materials fees with registration prior to the first day/night of class.
Material fees are not refundable unless the class is cancelled. All material fees must be paid at registration.
These fees are strictly for textbooks/workbooks and, are not to be confused with material fees.
FEES FOR TESTING
Some classes may require certain "specialized" testing for specific certifications. These will be paid separately from any other fee ortuition requirement.
MCTI-ACE CANCELLED CLASSES
MCTI reserves the right to cancel any program. Minimum and maximum class size
will be determined by the administration. MCTI reserves the right to limit enrollment
and change instructors. We also reserve the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment
or due to the unavailability of instructor or facilities. 100% refund will be issued
for courses cancelled by MCTI prior to start of class. A refund will also be issued if
we change the date or time of a class and it becomes impossible for you to attend.
Refunds will be automatically applied to outstanding balances.
Student Cancellation/Withdrawal and Refund (Credit) Policy
- Students that withdraw no later than 1 week prior to the first class will be reimbursed 100% of the tuition fees. However, there will be a $35.00 processing fee deducted for each refund transaction. (Nurse Aide and Phlebotomy Excluded)
- Students that withdraw from a class less than one week prior to the first class will receive a credit for 100% of the tuition. This credit is good for 1 year and is non-transferable.
- Textbooks and material fees are non-refundable.
- No refund/credit will be issued after the end of the first session of any class.
- Refunds are processed after the monthly MCTI school board meeting.
Instructors hired by Adult Continuing Education (ACE) are employed because they
have a special skill or expertise which they are willing to share with the community.
Advertisements appear in this publication to help defray expenses. The responsibility
for the advertising content is exclusively the advertisers.
Please note that MCTI does not endorse the opinions and business affiliations of our
instructors or our advertisers.
COSTS OF MATERIALS, BOOKS OR OTHER SUPPLIES ARE SUBJECT TO
CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
The Monroe Career & Technical Institute will not discriminate in its educational
programs, activities, or employment practices, based on race, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, ancestry,
union membership, or any other legally protected classification.
Announcement of this policy is in accordance with the Pennsylvania Human
Relations Act and with Federal law, including Titles VI and VII of the Civil
Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Sections
503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act 0f
1975 and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990.
For information regarding Civil Rights or grievance procedures and accommodations
for persons with disabilities, contact the Supervisor of Pupil
Services, at Laurel Lake Road, Bartonsville, PA 18321
Telephone 570-629-2001 x1125 Fax 570-629-4529.